ATR Ltd deliver medical and first aid courses ranging from First Person On Scene to First Aid at work. Our trainers are former military and first responders with hands on experience dealing with emergencies on a daily basis. We can deliver from our centre of excellence near Reading or we can travel to you.
Our first aid training is extremely realistic and will ensure you will know what to do in an emergency.
FPOS First Person On Scene Level 4
- Understanding the Roles and Responsibilities of the First Person on Scene
- Core Emergency Care of Casualties for the First Responder
- Core Understanding of Recognising and Managing of Trauma for the first responder
- Recognising and Managing Medical Conditions for the First Responder
- Developing the Core Competencies of Incident Management for the First Responder
First Aid At Work Level 3
- Emergency: vital signs • emergency action • airway • unconscious • choking • bleeding • breathing and circulation • cpr
- Environment: heat stress • cold stress • hot injuries • cold injuries
- Health & Safety: recording accidents • RIDDOR • FAW regulations • first aid kits • sick room
- Illness: chest pain • stroke • asthma • epilepsy • diabetes • minor ailments
- Injury: head • spine • chest • abdomen • pelvis • bones • soft tissue • eye
- Rescue: transportation • communication
Emergency First Aid at work Level 3
This comprehensive one-day course covers a wide range of first aid emergencies, enabling all participants to deal with emergency situations with confidence in a prompt, safe and effective way. In addition, this course will include any protocol changes that may have arisen since their last training course.
This course will give the participants a qualification to the highest level of First Aid, meeting the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and accidents
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizures)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Paediatric First Aid Level 3
1 and 2 Days
ATR Ltd deliver the 1 and 2 day paediatric course at either our centre or your location.
This course has been developed for those who are involved with children and infants. It will be of interest to teachers, child minders, crèche assistants, playgroup personnel and anyone else who has a responsibility for their welfare whilst in your care
This course comprises of 2 units:
Unit 1: Emergency Paediatric First Aid
Unit 2: Managing Paediatric Illness, Injury and Emergencies
• Complies with the requirements of OFSTED and Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) • Basic Life Support, injuries and illnesses that are associated with children and babies • Resuscitation Council (UK) compliant • 3-year qualification